The Connected Communities program is a Bendigo Bank initiative that aims to assist in providing grants for projects that will enhance the prosperity of a broad range of local not-for-profit community organisations who can clearly demonstrate the social benefits of their project for their own members and/or the broader Ballarat Community.
Ongoing funding for Ballarat Connected Communities Ltd (BCC) is provided by Bendigo Bank as commissions paid on selected accounts of customers who have elected to support BCC. These commissions are paid as part of the Bendigo Bank's community engagement budget and are made at no cost to the customer.
To apply for a Community based grant, please complete the application form linked below.
If your application is successful, you will be required to:
• Make an appropriate acknowledgement of the funding source(s) for the project (Recognition of Benefits Provided), as outlined in the below form.
• Complete the Grant Assessment Form on the completion of the project.
Eligibility Criteria for COVID-19.
- Applicants must be a community group or a not-for-profit organisation within the municipal boundaries of Ballarat.
- Grant applications must fit into one of the following grant categories:
- Applicants must hold an ABN and hold an appropriate public liability insurance policy.
- Successful applicants must complete the Funding Agreement and provide a tax invoice to BCC prior to receiving funding.
BCC preferred level of funding will be capped at $5,000 per organisation for Community projects. Funding above $5,000 will be considered on a case-by-case basis and presented to the BCC Board for approval.