COMMUNITY PROJECT APPLICATION AND GUIDELINES
Grant applications are currently open commencing 2 May 2022 and extended to close midnight 22 May 2022.
You can download the Grant Application form here.
The Connected Communities program is a Bendigo Bank initiative that aims to assist in providing grants for projects that will enhance the prosperity of a broad range of local not for profit community organisations who can clearly demonstrate the social benefits of their project for their own members and/or the broader Ballarat Community.
HOW IT WORKS
Ongoing funding for Ballarat Connected Communities Ltd (BCC) is provided by Bendigo Bank as commissions paid on selected accounts of customers who have elected to support BCC. These commissions are paid as part of the Bendigo Bank’s community engagement budget and are made at no cost to the customer.
- Applicants must be a community group or not-for-profit organisation within the municipal boundaries of Ballarat
- Grant applications must fit into one of the following grant categories:
- arts and culture;
- community events;
- health and wellbeing;
- community services;
- Applicants must hold an ABN
- Applicants must hold an appropriate public liability insurance policy
- Successful applicants must complete the Funding Agreement and provide a tax invoice to BCC prior to receiving funding.
The following types of organisations are considered ineligible for funding.
- If profits do not go to a community group or non-for-profit organization.
- Activities which promote discrimination, violence, anti-social behaviour, political or religious views.
- Projects not considered to benefit the communities of Ballarat, as determined by the BCC board.
- Organisations who receive direct income from electronic gaming machines.
- Requests to cover the cost of wages or salaries.
- Applications for Federal and State Government bodies or institutions.
- Organisations who have received funding from BCC in the past 12 months.
- Applications from individuals.
- Grant applications received after the closing dates will be returned to the applicant(s).
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for a Community based grant, please complete the application form contained in this document and forward a signed copy, along with any supporting documentation to –
Ballarat Connected Communities
If your application is successful, you will be required to:
- Make an appropriate acknowledgement of the funding source(s) for the project as detailed on page 6 of this document – Recognition of Benefits Provided
- Complete the Grant Assessment Form on the completion of the project
LEVEL OF FUNDING
BCC preferred level of funding will be capped at $5,000 per organisation for Community projects. Funding above $5,000 will be considered on a case-by-case basis and presented to the BCC Board for approval.
GRANT APPLICATION PROCEDURE
- Grant applications will be opened twice yearly Note: Round 1 2022, May
- Grant Evaluations are conducted during October-November and April-May.
- Grant celebrations may be held following each grant round.
- Organisations are limited to one Grant Application in each financial year.
Applications must be lodged electronically at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application forms are available from the BCC’s website.
- Grant Applications will be referred to the grants committee who will assess whether the application meets BCC advertised criteria.
The committee reserves the right to request additional information from the applicant during the assessment process. After following the BCC criteria the committee will recommend approval and the amount of the grant to BCC’s Board of Directors.
- Applications for Grants in excess of $5,000 must be submitted with a detailed project plan and will be assessed and approved by BCC’s full Board of Directors.
- On the approval of a Grant Application, the Applicant Organisation will be advised of the approval in writing, and must submit an invoice for payment of the approved amount.
- BCC Grants are generally not subject to GST. Grant Applicants will be advised at the time of approval, if GST is applicable.
- Upon receipt of an invoice for an approved Grant Application, unless otherwise advised at the time of approval, funds are provided immediately to the Applicant Organisation via their Bendigo Bank account.
- Upon payment of a Grant Application, BCC advertises the successful Grant on its Facebook Page
- All successful Grant Applicants must provide BCC with a written report within the nominated period from the date of funding. The report must advise on the outcome of the purpose for which BCC’s funds were provided, and details of any activities of the Applicant Organisation in the promotion of Ballarat Connected Communities Ltd.
- Subject to funding being available, it is BCC’s intention to provide each Organisation a response and if applicable, an approval and funding within 60 days.
- Decisions by the Board regarding a Grant Applications are final and correspondence will not be entered into.
- Unsuccessful Applicants will be advised in writing within 30 days from close of applications.